This section lists the new features, enhancements, fixed issues and, removed or deprecated features for Hazelcast Jet 0.4 release.
The following are the new features introduced with Jet 0.4 release.
[core] Infinite stream processing with event-time semantics using watermarks.
[core] Out of the box processors for tumbling, sliding and session window aggregations.
AggregateOperationabstraction with several out of the box aggregators.
[core] Bootstrapper script for submitting a JAR and running a DAG from it. [#421]
[core] Sources and Sinks reorganized into Sources and Sinks static classes.
Sinks.writeCache()for reading from and writing to Hazelcast ICache. [#357]
[core] Added diagnostic processors for debugging. [#426]
[java.util.stream] java.util.stream support for ICache. [#360]
[pcf] Hazelcast Jet tile for Pivotal Cloud Foundry was released.
The following are the enhancements introduced with Jet 0.4 release.
- [core] Hazelcast IMDG updated to 3.8.2 and is now shaded in the Jet JAR. [#367]
- [core] Blocking outbox support for non-cooperative processors. [#372], [#375]
globalProcessorIndex()and now returns a global index. [#405]
- [core] Fairer distribution of tasklets when number of cores is larger than number of tasklets in a job. [#443]
- [java.util.stream] Added configuration option to
Code Samples Improvements
- Sliding window Stock exchange streaming sample. [#19], [#21]
- Hazelcast IMap/IList/ICache sample. [#16]
- PCF-integration with Spring Boot sample. [#17]
- Socket reader and writer examples with Netty. [#15]
- Read and write files example. [#24]
- Top N streaming example. [#27]
- HashJoin and CoGroup samples added. [#28], [#29]
The following are the issues solved for Jet 0.4 release.